If you’re working through your last semester of high school or college, all things graduation might be on your on mind. As rewarding as your graduation ceremony is, it could be a bit stressful. One thing that you definitely don’t want to worry about while walking across the stage is your hair. Luckily, we have a few tricks and tips that can help.
- Get a blowout- If you know the day of your graduation is going to start early and end late, take some pressure off and treat yourself to a blowout at Chrysalis. That way, you’ll have some time to relax and you can ensure your hair will come out beautiful.
- Mark your curls- No matter what style you decide to wear, you will need bobby pins. This will ensure that your cap won’t keep slipping off of your head. If you’re curling your hair, a good trick is to use bobby pins to mark where to curl. If you curl your full head and wear the cap over it, it will make the cap look bulky, and more likely to fall off.
- Match bobby pins to hair color- Especially if your hair is blonde, you’ll want to purchase bobby pins that blend in with your hair. Get black pins to blend with your cap, and a few to match the color of your hair. This way, regardless of what style you decide on, you know your cap will stay on.
- Headband- Tape a basic black headband on the inside of your cap using scotch tape. Try using a hot glue gun for added security. When your headband is set in, take the two ends of your cap and wrap them around the band.
- Pin it- This tip is only applicable if you own your graduation cap- not if you’re renting it! Pierce a tiny hole in the ridge of the cap, somewhere above your ear. SIide a bobby pin through the hole and pin it into your head to ensure your cap won’t fly off as you’re crossing the stage. For extra security, do this on both sides of your head.
Finish any of these styles off with Redken’s Triple Take Extreme High-Hold Hairspray, which you can find at Chrysalis Salon. For even more looks, call and make an appointment to have your hair styled! For almost 30 years, Chrysalis Salon has been styling hair and serving the Staten Island community. Call now for an appointment. For more information contact us at 718-494-3900.