If you find that your hair is becoming brittle and quickly drying out, this could be a result of numerous different factors. Heat, constant coloring, and chlorine are just a few. Brittle hair is typically a combination of frizzy, dry, and broken hair. There are ways to treat dry hair, which will leave your hair as healthy as possible.
- Cut down on the heat. Try limiting the amount of times you use tools such as the blow dryer, straightener, and curler iron. People who regularly use these styling tools are more likely to suffer from brittle hair, because they can cook your hair without you even realizing.
- Get a trim. Chopping the dead ends off your hair will have a tremendous effect on your locks. Not only will your hair look and feel healthier, but it will be much easier to maintain.
- Condition every time you wash your hair. This is how your hair compensates for losing natural oils when you wash it, so keep your locks hydrated. Try using Redken’s Extreme Strengthening Mega Hair Mask for Damaged Hair.
- Keratin Treatments are a quick fix to dry hair. Our treatments are specially formulated as a revitalizing and rejuvenating treatment for hair, reducing frizz and curl–leaving it soft, shiny and lustrous. This formulation restores and restructures hair by infusing a special blend of natural Keratin deep into the damaged cuticle, with results typically lasting from 3 to 5 months.
- Avoid tight wound hairstyles like top knots, as well as metal hair accessories. Elastic hair ties can grip hair too tightly, and cut the hair shaft. This can cause fraying if they are used in the same spot.
- Wash your hair less. Typically, it’s recommended to wash hair about 3 times a week. This will maintain natural oils in your hair, which is the best moisturizer. If your hair is thin and doesn’t handle oil well, use a dry shampoo. Try Redken’s Pillow Proof Dry Shampoo.
There are many ways your hair can dry out, but only a few ways to fix it. To make an appointment for any of treatments or trims, call Chrysalis to make an appointment. For almost 30 years, Chrysalis Salon has been styling hair and serving the Staten Island community. Call now for an appointment. For more information contact us at 718-494-3900.